Our housing options provide support and guidance in a variety of ways
Lakeview's Supported Housing program is designed to assist individuals to live as independently as possible in the community of their choice. Supported housing has shown great success by creating opportunities for achieving stability, increasing skill levels and obtaining greater autonomy. Lakeview's programs encompass a wide range of approaches to recovery assisting enrolled individuals to meaningfully integrate within their community of choice. Lakeview's Supported Housing approach honors hope, respect and dignity to safeguard those recovering from a severe and persistent mental illness to full community integration with added supports to achieve recovery goals. The Supported Housing program ensures that individuals exercise their right to choose where they are going to live taking into consideration the available housing options in their community. Qualified individuals must meet the guidelines issued by OMH and HUD Section 8 Housing.
Lakeview Supported Housing is available in Ontario, Seneca, Wayne, Yates, Livingston and Tomkins Counties for those who have demonstrated ties to the community and have the ability to sustain themselves in an independent living situation.
In addition to recovering from a severe and persistent mental illness, qualified individuals include but are not limited to those who:
- Have graduated from a certified residential program
- Have been referred by their service providers, internal referrals, or self-referrals
- Are residents moving from an adult home
- Are homeless
In addition to locating and securing suitable housing, Lakeview’s Supported Housing staff may assist individuals with:
- Locating and securing safe and affordable housing
- Accessing start-up funds for security deposits, furnishings and utilities
- Securing on-going rental assistance
- Financial planning, management and assistance
- Negotiating with landlords
- Maintenance and upkeep of apartment
Click Below to Download the SPOA Referral PacketSPOA Referral Packet
Mail completed referral packet to
- Lakeview Health Services, Inc.
- Attention: SPOA
- 611 W. Washington St. Geneva, NY 14456
- Phone: (315) 789-0550
- Fax: (315) 789-0555